Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please Listen Gov. Jindal

I was reading a blog article on theoldriverroad.com (The Old River Road) concerning higher education funding and it occurred to me that if so many people have so much to say about the funding of higher education why does it seem like Gov. Jindal is not interested in listening.  I know that it is true, he is a busy Governor, traveling around the country to...but his interest in the issue is still unknown.  If he was interested enough in cutting funding it seems he would also be interested in finding a solution.  I understand that under traditional circumstances Gov. Jindal does not want to use one-time funding to fund reoccurring expenses but are these traditional circumstances?  We are in an economic crisis and sometimes we have to do things we wouldn't normally do to make sure that all of Louisiana's Business is taken care of and that includes funding higher education.  I only hope he will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment